We represent real estate equity investors and negotiate joint venture agreements on their behalf. We also represent sponsors raising equity for real estate deals. We work closely with our corporate and tax colleagues (and our clients’ tax advisors), as needed, to address tax, securities, and corporate issues that arise. We have represented clients in connection with development deals as well as stabilized assets. We have also represented a variety of clients ranging from smaller developers looking to raise money from friends and family or crowdsourcing funds to a Fund making investments throughout the United States. Some representative deals are as follows:
- Represented a Fund in selling a $30,000,000+ asset in the Midwest and investing the proceeds in a joint venture for a value add multi-family project in Texas, as part of a 1031 transaction.
- Represented a Fund in investing $3,000,000 in a joint venture for a multi-family ground up development in Los Angeles.
- Represented a Fund in numerous joint ventures for value add multi-family projects across the United States, including one project where the Fund took a preferred equity position and a LP position relating to a workforce housing project in Florida.
- Represented a Boston developer in negotiating a joint venture with a NYC based crowdfunding source for a $3,000,000 investment.
- Represented a Boston developer in raising funds from friends and family for a multi-unit residential building in Boston.