Sheehan Phinney is a 60-attorney, full-service, regional business law firm with busy offices in Boston, MA, Manchester, NH, Concord, NH and Hanover, NH. Please see below for current openings.
We are currently looking for an entry level Legal Assistant for our Manchester, NH location. This role provides backup administrative coverage supporting attorneys, associates and paralegals. Coverage may be short-term for just the day or for longer periods of time. Responsibilities include typing documents (including document preparation and revisions), processing new matter reports and engagement letters, scheduling and coordinating appointments, meetings and/or depositions, pleadings, correspondence, answering telephones, preparing expense reports, processing mail and using the internet to make travel reservations. Additional administrative tasks include: copying, scanning and filing various client documents, which may include court and agency filings (including e-filing) and keeping client/attorney information confidential, along with closing/cleaning out files and other tasks as assigned.
*Travel – Provides support occasionally at other Sheehan locations including Concord and Hanover, NH and Boston, MA (no overnights). Reliable transportation is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong administration skills and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work efficiently while using good judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative
- Clear and concise writing skills
- The ability to interact and communicate with clients and court personnel on a professional level
- Ability to manage deadlines regarding projects and scheduling of meetings and/or depositions
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Presents professional, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Excellent technical skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of administrative experience in a professional office environment. One year of experience as a legal assistant, preferred. Knowledge of agency, state and federal court filing requirements and experience with e-filing, preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k)/profit sharing plan, life and disability insurance and paid time off/holidays. Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email to: email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sheehan Phinney Bass & Green PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or in any other characteristic protected under applicable state or federal laws. The firm has a clear complaint procedure and is committed to prompt and appropriate responses to remedy any complaints under this policy. Also, to the extent the firm has an obligation under applicable state or federal laws to comply with affirmative action surveys and corrective hiring procedures it does so.