Members of Sheehan Phinney’s Bankruptcy and Insolvency Group represent clients in every aspect of business bankruptcy and insolvency. Our clients include both closely- and publicly-held debtors; post-petition lenders, and other secured, undersecured and unsecured creditors; common and preferred equity holders; official and unofficial creditors’ committees; trustees in bankruptcy; and liquidators of insolvent insurance companies. Both inside and outside of bankruptcy cases, we advise those buying and selling troubled businesses’ assets, including related real estate and intellectual property interests. Our attorneys have also successfully prosecuted and defended many proceedings to avoid preferential and fraudulent transfers, and have litigated disputes ranging from breach of contract actions to recharacterization and subordination of claims. Members of our group have appeared in bankruptcy courts throughout the country, including New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, and Delaware.
- Counsel to Rymes Heating Oils, Inc. in its purchase of all operating assets from Fred Fuller Oil and Propane’s chapter 11 bankruptcy case
- Counsel to SAP America, Inc., Cubic Designs, Inc. and Guizhou Haotian Optoelectronics Technology Co., Ltd. in chapter 11 case of GT Advanced Technology, Inc.
- Counsel to PlanBase, Inc. in its purchase of assets from Growth Opportunity Alliance of Greater Lawrence, Inc.
- Counsel to Mascoma Savings Bank in bankruptcy, foreclosure and collection proceedings
- Counsel to TD Bank in bankruptcy and foreclosure proceedings