Sheehan Phinney’s team of experienced discovery lawyers and professionals handles sophisticated electronic discovery projects for clients nationwide. The team employs cutting-edge technology to capture data and mine it efficiently to perform early case analysis so that critical decisions can be made as early as possible. Discovery projects are efficiently managed to find the most important items of data quickly and provide substantive analysis to guide decisions before additional expenses are incurred. Sheehan Phinney can provide a full suite of electronically stored information (ESI) services including Relativity Active Learning (Review utilizing Artificial Intelligence). Rather than use costly vendors for such services, we have invested in the technology and staff to bring the entire process in-house, which provides substantial savings to our clients and delivers more responsive service.
Our lawyers have years of experience serving as Discovery Counsel for organizations of all sizes whether they are in litigation or utilize these services to manage and analyze data in an acquisition transaction. The team also partners as co-counsel to organizations’ current lawyers to provide these services on a case-by-case basis.
Examples of the services our team provides include:
- Streamline preservation and collection practices and develop discovery forms and guidelines
- Training for in-house client lawyers on-site to handle e-discovery cost-effectively
- Manage document reviews in a cost-effective and accurate manner
- Discovery Project Management
- Interface with client and client IT department to determine scope of Electronically Stored Information
- Review using Relativity Advanced Analytics*
- Relativity Active Learning (AI review)
- Deposition preparation
- Trial preparation
- ESI stipulations
- 26 (f) / meet and confer conferences
- Discovery motions
A critical component of our Electronic Discovery team includes our Manager of Electronic Discovery Services, Charles Stewart. Through project management tools and techniques, Mr. Stewart, an Electronic Discovery Subject Matter Expert, works with attorneys and clients to manage discovery projects of all sizes from the very small to the very large and complex. As a Relativity Certified Expert, Administrator, Analytics Specialist and User, Mr. Stewart is well versed in all of the analytic tools in the Relativity arsenal and uses them on projects from 15,000 documents to 26.5 million documents. With tools like Email Threading, Concept Searching, Categorization, Clustering and Active Learning, Mr. Stewart helps attorneys break their project down into disparate categories so they can then apply exactly the right tool or technique to obtain maximum review efficiency. He has a proven track record of being able use these techniques to prioritize as much as 99% of the collected documents as low priority, allowing the reviewers to concentrate on the 1% of documents that are most responsive.
Mr. Stewart is a member of:
- The NH Supreme Court – Advisory Committee on Rules,
- The Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM),
- Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS),
- Association of Litigation Support Professionals,
- Sedona Conference Working Group 4