Taking a real estate project from its conception through completion involves close cooperation among property owners/developers, commercial lenders, engineers, architects, and contractors, as well as among the municipalities and neighbors where the project is based. Each participant’s role must be defined. Sheehan Phinney has earned a solid reputation for its ability to bring these groups together by offering practical solutions to complex real estate and financing problems.
- Represented a developer in connection with acquiring, permitting, financing and ultimately selling, in bulk for $110,000,000, 13 factory outlet centers located throughout the country.
- Represent Anagnost Investments in its joint venture with Elliot Hospital in the acquisition of the so-called “Jac Pac property” from the City of Manchester, which venture plans to develop a 236,000 square foot ambulatory care center, a medical office building, 13,200 square feet of retail, 24 residential units and relating parking garages and surface parking, involving use of new market tax credits.
- Represented a medical group in Northborough, Massachusetts in the acquisition, construction and permanent financing of a 47,000 square foot medical/surgical center.
- Represented the developer of a 40 unit affordable housing project in Attleboro, Massachusetts, including securing financing and equity through various sources including the sale of Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Massachusetts HOME Funds and Municipal HOME Funds.
- Represent Dartmouth College in a project to develop up to 250 units of mixed affordable housing for the employees of Dartmouth College and Mary Hitchcock Clinic.
- Represented an affordable housing developer in obtaining development and regulatory permits and challenging requests of abutters, in connection with two residential projects totaling 138 units located in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Represented AAA in its acquisition and permitting of a new location in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Represented the owners rep in connection with construction of a parking garage at Manchester Boston Regional Airport.
- Extensive experience in representing developers in the preparation and negotiation of construction, architectural and engineering contacts, including, negotiation of the American Institute of Architects “A” and “B” series contracts.