Clients regularly turn to Sheehan Phinney to guide them through the range of issues that arise when they enter into commercial relationships with parties across the country and around the world. Whether the matter is a simple supply agreement or a long-term distribution agreement, Sheehan Phinney attorneys have the skills and experience to help craft agreements that will provide a firm foundation for long-term working relationships. We work closely with our clients to understand the needs of their businesses, and to create solutions that are timely, innovative and pragmatic.
For many businesses, commercial contracts form the backbone of their operations. Agreements with vendors ensure that a business has the goods and services needed to operate; agreements with customers and distributors allow a business to sell its goods and services into the market. If these agreements are prepared with care and with a clear understanding of the client’s needs, they can not only help a company achieve its business goals, but also help prevent misunderstandings between the parties and provide a framework for resolving disagreements that may arise in the course of any ongoing business relationship.
Among the legal issues that may arise in negotiating a commercial contract are Uniform Commercial Code compliance, protection of intellectual property rights, insurance coverage concerns, antitrust compliance, import and export requirements, and domestic and international tax matters. Sheehan Phinney’s seasoned attorneys can provide skilled guidance in addressing all of these issues, as well as the industry-specific concerns that affect many clients. Our attorneys are also regular writers and lecturers on topics related to commercial contracts.
In addition to our deep knowledge of commercial law issues, our membership in Lex Mundi provides us with global reach and access to legal resources that enhance our ability to serve our clients’ needs around the world. Lex Mundi is the world’s leading association of independent law firms, and Sheehan Phinney is the exclusive member firm for New Hampshire. With 21,000 lawyers in 600 offices, Lex Mundi member firms are present in more than 100 countries, and every state in the United States. These premier law firms provide legal representation and local market knowledge just about anywhere needs may arise.
We invite you to contact us to discuss how we can help make the most of your domestic and international commercial arrangements.
- Regularly represent manufacturers and distributors in international product sales and distribution arrangements.
- Negotiate and participate in the review, drafting and revision of system-wide, multiple license agreements for hospitals, providers of non-profit services, and leading educational institutions.
- Represent manufacturers of advanced equipment in sales of products to purchasers throughout the world.
- Advise numerous technology companies in creating and negotiating agreements for “software as a service” offerings.
- Provide advice on compliance with United States import and export laws and regulations.
- Advise clients on business contracts of all descriptions, whether they involve the sale of goods, the provision of services, the development of technology, employment or development of real property.