As both an intellectual property attorney and business litigator, Brian helps entrepreneurs and organizations of all sizes establish, protect and enforce their intellectual property in the United States and abroad. Among other things, Brian assists clients with:
- trademark protection, including selecting, screening, registering and maintaining trademarks;
- copyright protection, including identification and registration of writings, photographs and other forms of original authorship;
- enforcing trademark, copyright and patent rights through dispute resolution and, if necessary, litigation;
- trade secret protection, including drafting, negotiating and enforcing non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements;
- drafting and negotiating a variety of intellectual property and technology agreements;
- domain name issues, including selection, acquisition and protection of domain names; and
- working with foreign counsel to protect clients’ intellectual property rights abroad.
Having practiced with Sheehan Phinney since 2006, Brian also maintains a business litigation practice and formerly served as the firm’s hiring partner.