Divorce is a trying time. There are many issues that arise which can be complicated and emotionally draining. It is imperative that knowledgeable counsel be retained to protect you during the process.
Understanding divorce issues, including alimony, child support, asset allocation, parental rights and responsibilities, as well as laws regarding business interests, trusts, estates, taxation and other ancillary issues, is critical to obtaining a successful outcome particularly for high net worth individuals and those with high-conflict situations at home. Sheehan Phinney attorneys have substantial experience in complex divorce proceedings, and have represented clients in the specialized Complex Family Law Docket reserved for high value, complex and/or highly contentious proceedings. Our attorneys also handle appeals of divorce decisions before the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
In addition, we provide divorce mediation services as an alternate method of resolution. This non-adversarial process can often lead to settlement with less acrimony than a trial.
Our attorneys understand New Hampshire divorce law and also handle family law matters in Massachusetts. In addition, our firm has some of the most knowledgeable tax, business and estate attorneys to provide comprehensive legal counsel and advice.
- Pre-divorce counseling and planning
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements
- Divorce property settlement
- Business valuation for divorce
- Annulments, separations and divorce
- Child support
- Parental rights and responsibilities (formerly custody and visitation)
- Alimony (spousal support)
- Restraining orders/domestic violence (financial and physical abuse)
- Relocation and travel with children
- Contempt (failure to follow orders) and enforcement
Our attorneys also are knowledgeable in related areas which can arise in connection with family situations, including adoptions, guardianships, juvenile matters, counseling and co-parenting resources.