Sheehan Phinney’s International Group offers a full range of legal services to clients engaged in international commerce. The group focuses on helping clients maximize the benefits of participating in the global marketplace, while avoiding the pitfalls of international trade. As an added benefit to clients, Sheehan Phinney is an exclusive member of Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms. Lex Mundi members are present in more than 160 countries, states and provinces, covering virtually every business market worldwide. Our membership in Lex Mundi provides us with international reach and access to the best global legal resources, enhancing our ability to serve our clients’ needs around the world.
Our attorneys who specialize in international law are highly experienced in the following:
- Foreign Sales and Distribution
- International Joint Ventures
- Foreign Manufacturing and Sourcing
- Intellectual Property Protection (including patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights)
- S. International Tax Planning (including taxable and tax-free cross-border transactions and business combinations, transfer pricing, and foreign tax credits)
- United National Convention Rulings on the International Sale of Goods
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Compliance
- Anti-Boycott Regulations Compliance
- Visa and Tax issues Related to Foreign Investors
- NAFTA Trade, Travel, and Visa Issues
- International Disputes Resolution (including mediation, arbitration, and litigation)
- Foreign Product Certification and Registration Requirements
- S. Export Control Laws and Regulations (including Export Administration Regulations and International Traffic in Arms regulations)
Sheehan Phinney’s International Group has provided a broad range of assistance to clients with worldwide business affairs, having represented an assortment of domestic and international clients in a variety of industries. Our attorneys understand that each international business interaction is unique, and we make every effort to ensure our clients’ interests and objectives are protected.