The dissolution of a marriage is a trying time. There are many issues that arise which can be complicated and emotionally draining. It is imperative that knowledgeable counsel be retained to protect you during the process.
Understanding support, asset allocation, parental rights and responsibilities, as well as laws regarding business interests, trusts, estates, taxation and other ancillary issues, is critical to obtaining a successful outcome particularly for high net worth individuals and those with high-conflict situations at home. Sheehan Phinney attorneys have substantial experience in family law issues and complex divorce proceedings, and have represented clients in the specialized Complex Family Law Docket reserved for high value, highly contentious proceedings. Our attorneys also handle appeals of marital and family law decisions before the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
In addition, we provide mediation services as an alternate method of resolution. This non-adversarial process can often lead to settlement with less acrimony than a trial.
Our attorneys understand New Hampshire divorce and family law and also handle family law matters in Massachusetts and Maine. In addition, our firm has some of the most knowledgeable tax, business and estate attorneys to provide comprehensive legal counsel and advice.
- Pre-divorce counseling and planning
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements
- Property settlement, division and allocation
- Business interests and valuation
- Investment and retirement account analysis
- Annulments, separations and divorce
- Child support and expenses
- Parental rights and responsibilities (formerly custody and visitation)
- Alimony (spousal support)
- Restraining orders/domestic violence (financial and physical abuse)
- Relocation and travel with children
- Contempt (failure to follow orders) and enforcement
Our attorneys also are knowledgeable in related areas which can arise in connection with family situations, including adoptions, guardianships, juvenile matters, counseling and co-parenting resources.